- Visited 3 schools and interacted with over 500 students and dozens of faculty and staff.
- Toured the Mummy Drayton Clinic
- Explored the two libraries and support facilities established by Nyaka.
- Assisted in the construction of a grandmother house that was paid for by generous members of The Peoples Church in honor of Dr. Curt Liechty, a friend and congregant who visited Nyaka in 2015 shortly before his unexpected passing.
- Attended the world premier of the independent film, “Cornerstone,” a groundbreaking documentary exploring the history, founding, and continuing excellence of Nyaka.
- Preached and spoke to each school for their devotional period
- Keynoted the local Rotary club meeting in Kihihiimg
- Took a day to visit Queen Elizabeth National Park, where we saw all manner of wildlife.
- Crossed the equator four times – twice by car and twice by boat
- Ate incredible Ugandan food with even better people in all parts of the country.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Pastor Andrew Pomerville is the senior pastor at The Peoples Church of East Lansing, MI. In December 2016 he visited Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project in Uganda for the 2nd time! Please enjoy one of this blog posts from his visit and follow him to read more about the experience HERE.
My head is spinning. So much to process and so little time to sit and put it all together. This has been an outstanding past two weeks. Without hesitation or qualification, I can happily say our trip to Uganda to partner with the Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project was an overwhelming success. For 11 days, I traveled with my wife, Rachell, Kurt and Pete, Jamie Morris, and executive director and founder of Nyaka, Twesigye Jackson Kaguri. This was my second trip in the past two years to work with Nyaka in Uganda. The Peoples Church has supported this outstanding organization for nearly a decade, with the support beginning before I arrived in East Lansing as their pastor.
Over the next few days I will post a rundown of each day on the trip. Until then, here is a brief list of highlights:
There is so much more to this past trip but this gives a good start. I’ll take a look at each day and include photos and video for each day of the trip. Until then, thank you for your prayers while we were away and please know how much the children of Nyaka appreciate your continuing support. Peace be with you and thanks for reading.